Saturday, September 12, 2009

One More Reason to be a Libertarian Rather than a Conservative

Lack of deference to the cops.

Granted that's not totally fair, but I'd be hard-pressed to name someone on "The Right" who polices the police to greater degree than Radley Balko (even though a lot of the commenters on this post seem to have an unhealthy dislike for cops).  Further, it has been my experience that conservatives seem more willing to be apologists for the police.  Sure, there are exceptions, and I'd generally be more willing to line up with conservatives than with readers of DailyKos on the topic, but still, libertarians seem to carry the least political baggage.

[UPDATE: I didn't actually realize I was making a pun with the blog title.  I duly apologize.  Though, in my defense, my father is the king of bad puns, and I assume punning is hereditary.]

No comments:

Post a Comment