Monday, August 31, 2009

Ottawa Taxpayer Advocacy Group

There is a new organization in Ottawa called the Ottawa Taxpayer Advocacy Group.  As you might guess from the name, they're not big fans of paying taxes.  The Ottawa Citizen reports that they want to purchase ads on OC Transpo buses claiming that the city is committing extortion through taxation.  As a result, one of their representatives will be debating Alex Cullen on September 15.

If their aim is to get city spending and taxation under control, I'm on board, but what I'd like to know is, who are these people?  There are no individuals noted on the web site.  All press releases are attributed to the organization.

I have contacted the organization asking who is behind it and if it is affiliated with any other organizations.  I'll try to keep my eye out for more news about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment