Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Was I unfairly critical of Ernie Eves?

Maybe I should have called out Janet Ecker instead.

My memory is fuzzy, but I seem to recall Eves' government backing away from the supporting public education. I thought they had repealed the Equity in Education Tax Credit, but some quick googling seems to prove my memory a liar (though some reports imply that he may have halved the credit - that doesn't quite make him a champion of liberty).

I thought Eves had buckled under public opinion, but, as the link shows, it may have just been his prominent backers. At the very least, I think it can be said that the Progressive Conservatives lurched towards the progressive side during his tenure as Premier, at least as far as school choice is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment