Wednesday, June 10, 2009

July 1st

So it's Canada Day (for a whole two hours in the Eastern Time Zone). Historically, there has been much to be proud of as a Canadian; however, these days, I can sometimes find it difficult to take pride in my country.

With "Human Rights" Tribunals sitting in judgment of speech, politicians demanding that grandparents have inalienable rights to see the wee ones, and people still paying attention to Colin Mochrie, it can be difficult to be proud of the ol' Dominion.

Today I have decided that I still love this country, and I still have a sense of patriotism (and it has nothing to do with Alexander Keith's, Tim Horton's or George Stroumboulopoulos).

So I wish you all a happy Canada Day.

Originally posted at somedayallthiswillhavetobefixed.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment