Sunday, June 7, 2009

If Patriotism equals Nationalism, and Nationalism equals Fascism, then what does Patriotism equal?

This is horrific.

I don't know if the "Patriot" Party of Canada still exists (their site is dated 2001/2002), but, G*d, I hope not. There is so much wrong with their platform and their philosophy, it's difficult to even start.

If you read through their platform, nausea is justified. I'm sure they don't realize it, but they are proposing a form of Fascism. (I hesitate to drop the F-bomb, as it's pretty inflammatory; however, in this situation it is warranted - so I qualify it with "a form of").

The fact that they wrap this exercise up in "Patriotism" is abhorrent. Their platform runs counter to western liberal democracy and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Perhaps, from time to time, I will rebut all the foul refuse that they propagate; it can be my first recurring feature!

I think I just saw a beaver cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment